Why pack snow jackets when you’re going to Delhi in May. Pack heels when you’re hiking the Kilimanjaro. Haba, are you Bobrisky? You’re going to Nairobi to experience the safari and you packed 4 bottles of perfume, are flies and bees your best friend? Our people sha like to dey show off.
The lighter you pack, the cheaper and easier it is for you to navigate. Paying for extra baggage at the airline desk or not finding the right taxi in time because your Bags couldn’t fit into the trunk can be annoyingly expensive, a waste of time and an avoidable headache.
Learning what and how to pack depends greatly on 4 things.
- The city you’re going to (depending on its part of the world and the prevailing culture and religion)
- The season of the year and temperatures during your proposed visit.
- Purpose of your trip – business or leisure
- Activities and Interests
Learn to prioritize your belongings. Don’t just pack for “I might need it” purpose or just to fill your box space. Be decisive about the items you’re taking along and conscious of why you need them.
Here’s a list of the most general and needed items to pack we call it “Bag packing 101” basics.
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, Soaps, Small Towel) If you’re staying in a hotel while on your trip you can skip this.
- Lots of underwear
- Sturdy sandals with strong soles
- Travel Pillow to ease the neck pains on the flight.
- Travel organizer to keep track of all the things you need to do.
- Travel wallet to keep keys, maps and important papers on your trip.
- Money Belt in order to separate your money from papers so you do not lose it.
- A pair of Jeans.
- Don’t forget that camera to take awesome selfies, videos and create lasting memories.
We’ll leave you to fill out the remaining essential things you want to take along with you (emphasis on the ESSENTIAL)
So, next time you’re going to visit your relatives abroad and mama Akpos sends a goat from the village, use it for asun or better still use a courier.